Why does old insulation need to be removed?
The insulation of today is far superior to the insulation that was sold 15 to 20 years ago. Most old insulation was approx. 50- 75 mm thick (R1.5 rated). These days we install 180 – 220 mm thick insulation (R3.5 –R4.1 rated). In many cases you will realise a dramatic reduction in heating costs simply from upgrading the type of insulation in your roof.
What do we remove?
We can remove the following forms of insulation:
- Inferior batt insulation
- Old cellulose
How do we remove old insulation?
Depending on access options, we can lift your tiles or access from inside your home safely. If there are old batts we will bag them and remove them from site for disposal. We then suck out all the old dust, dirt and leaves, clean and ready for new batts to be installed.
The benefits you receive
- Clean ceilings. No more dust or rubbish which can sometime seep through vents and downlights in the home
- Reduce the aggravation and symptoms of allergies and asthma
- Reduction of fire hazards
- Clean work environment for future trades
- Maximum savings on heating and cooling costs by having appropriate and correctly fitted insulation